[OpenAFS] "You cannot continue. There is nothing to install."

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery@ece.cmu.edu
Mon, 1 May 2006 12:42:15 -0400

I'd previously replied privately (from my cellphone, ug); this is for
public archival...

On May 1, 2006, at 9:55 AM, John Madden wrote:
> So I trashed 1.5.0 install by deleting the folders (mistake?),
> downloaded 1.4.1 binary package, and tried to install it. But the
> 1.4.1 installer balks after I select my install location, with the
> message "You cannot continue. There is nothing to install." I'm
> logged in with Admin privileges. I also tried installing as "root",
> but got the same message.

You need to remove the package receipt from /Library/Receipts.

People who work with OSX probably want to look into
http://www.osxgnu.org/software/pkgdetail.html?project_id=244&cat_id=212
for package management.

--
brandon s. allbery     [linux,solaris,freebsd,perl]
allbery@kf8nh.com