[OpenAFS] AFS backups and TSM

Andrew Bacchi bacchi@rpi.edu
Fri, 12 May 2006 13:41:45 -0400

Hi Joseph,

We've been using TSM and AFS for years with very good results.  I am
aware of the lack of support from IBM for the future.  Our solution is
to do AFS butc/backup to disk first, for a complete semester, and then
move those backup file sets to TSM using a standard TSM client.

I've had some problem getting the AFS backup to work on Linux, but I
should have things worked out fairly soon.  I hope to have the new
system running by the beginning of the fall semester.

I hope this helps, and good luck.