[OpenAFS] Could not fetch the list of partitions from the server pour le client

Carsten Schulz-Key openafs@oo-design.org
Tue, 16 May 2006 01:15:10 +0200

--==_Exmh_1147734910_6216P

Write only in English to this list, please.

Abou Thiam wrote:
>Je suis un =E9tudiant novice =E0 la configuration d'AFS pour son m=E9moi=
re. J'ai essay=E9 d'installer une machine cliente.

>Quand je tape =22vos create afsclient vicepa i386_linux24=22, il signale=
 l'erreur suivante :

>Could not fetch the list of partitions from the server
>Possible communication failure=20
>Possible communication failure

You did not write much about your set-up, therefore I have to guess.
=22afsclient=22 seems to be the machine you installed as a client. Then y=
ou're
trying to create a volume on that machine. Since it was only installed as=
client no server processes are running. The vos command you issued tries =
to=20
talk to the non-existant server processes -- and therefore fails. You nee=
a server on which you can create the volume.=20

Hope this helps,
Carsten

--==_Exmh_1147734910_6216P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.2i

iQEVAwUBRGkLfOVLLWKtJb4RAQFP/gf+INwYPbnWel8/a05C7QzQgKeMSVtbHNky
3MVxImNVLYzHMgjdNjQWmg/EI1Ac2wPGANn7VNj09haWmlIFxj0kexArtBDCah6x
139Xd2yHC/2B7f/WO589GZ+I5cwEOzSlyhQ1mqm/PFrBD6G1Z4DLYHfGBCo5Lh8z
VfjTxT2IRnLV7iDdXkzFrReNREWGYEojWr7LOPsyPAUDW2RyKi6uaBIc/iqAKEP5
+nYj/DLbD9NlIWpANDmTfMbwLw6ur2bEUMenZ/zKVSa5cE0mh8L16LM5QcjaWRge
nNJpBGyfX0RJuGi1O5mprQwvOCMnaQa2ZRmdAJQdIQwdBAACfHNxVQ==
=mdiw
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_1147734910_6216P--