[OpenAFS] Could not fetch the list of partitions from the server pour le client

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Mon, 15 May 2006 22:09:26 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 16 May 2006, Carsten Schulz-Key wrote:

> Write only in English to this list, please.

Why?

Tread carefully in your answer. I know the list admin password :)

> trying to create a volume on that machine. Since it was only installed as a
> client no server processes are running. The vos command you issued tries to
> talk to the non-existant server processes -- and therefore fails. You need
> a server on which you can create the volume.

I hope he does English. I would have replied as such if my French was not
so god awful that I could ask him where the bathroom was, ask him his
name, count to 10 or tell him only that I do not sapeak French and ask if
he knows English. But I know we have French speakers on the list, and I
was hoping maybe one might answer.

Derrick