[OpenAFS] CellServDB file update...

Rodney M Dyer rmdyer@uncc.edu
Mon, 15 May 2006 23:24:04 -0400

At 10:57 PM 5/15/2006, Derrick J Brashear wrote:
>Yup. There was a bug. It should have been fixed, but a deadlock was
>introduced (by me) in the afsconf package when CellServDB is reread.
>Broken 1.2.4 or so, fixed 1.2.11 or so, iirc.

Since it appears that the operation of copying a new CellServDB over an
existing one, while a file server is in operation, is "undefined", does
your "bug" fit into that "undefined" category?

We are running:  OpenAFS 1.2.11 built  2004-01-10

>It will be reread during normal operation.

Describe "normal".  ;)

Did you know your bug can bring down an entire cell, requiring all the
clients to reauthenticate?

Rodney