[OpenAFS] CellServDB file update...

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Mon, 15 May 2006 23:37:38 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 15 May 2006, Rodney M Dyer wrote:

> At 10:57 PM 5/15/2006, Derrick J Brashear wrote:
>> Yup. There was a bug. It should have been fixed, but a deadlock was
>> introduced (by me) in the afsconf package when CellServDB is reread. Broken
>> 1.2.4 or so, fixed 1.2.11 or so, iirc.
>
> Since it appears that the operation of copying a new CellServDB over an
> existing one, while a file server is in operation, is "undefined", does your
> "bug" fit into that "undefined" category?

yes

>> It will be reread during normal operation.
>
> Describe "normal".  ;)

your fileserver is talking to your clients
you copy in a new CellServDB
your fileserver becomes less interested in talking to clients and goes off
into a kcorner and talks to itself a lot

> Did you know your bug can bring down an entire cell, requiring all the
> clients to reauthenticate?

it cannot, actually. it can cause every server to need to be restarted
bjut the tokens in the client cache will still work after the new servers
start

unless you have a dumb client which is "clever" and throws away its token

but that's not the server;'s faulty

also, i should pribably answer when i am more sober