[OpenAFS] connection timeouts

Juha Jäykkä juolja@utu.fi
Tue, 16 May 2006 09:55:03 +0300

--Sig_oDKS0hWu=YISNfE87kM2Ite

> did you try a "fs checkserver" on the client while it thinks the server=20
> is down ? This should bring the connection up again without restarting=20
> the client.
> How long did you wait before restarting the client ?
> The client should do that all 3 min. or so.
> Is it always the same client ?

I waited a couple of *hours* and did everything I could think of:
checkserver, flush, flushmount, flushvolume etc. No effect. What I did
not do is look at netstat output to see if it thinks the connection
exists or not.=20

This has only occurred once, but I really do not wish
to see it ever again.

Updating the client would be my last resort if this starts happening too
often and cannot be solved otherwise.

-Juha

--=20
		| Juha J=E4ykk=E4, juolja@utu.fi			|