[OpenAFS] connection timeouts

Christof Hanke hanke@rzg.mpg.de
Tue, 16 May 2006 09:20:28 +0200

Juha J=E4ykk=E4 wrote:
>>did you try a "fs checkserver" on the client while it thinks the server=
=20
>>is down ? This should bring the connection up again without restarting=20
>>the client.
>>How long did you wait before restarting the client ?
>>The client should do that all 3 min. or so.
>>Is it always the same client ?
>=20
>=20
> I waited a couple of *hours* and did everything I could think of:
> checkserver, flush, flushmount, flushvolume etc. No effect. What I did
> not do is look at netstat output to see if it thinks the connection
> exists or not.=20
>=20
> This has only occurred once, but I really do not wish
> to see it ever again.
>=20
> Updating the client would be my last resort if this starts happening to=
> often and cannot be solved otherwise.
>=20
> -Juha
>=20

Hmm, then I can't help you much at the minute.
Please try next time to catch a tcpdump while doing a "fs checkserv" as=20
well as catching the fstrace output. A snippet of the fileserver log=20
with a high log-level (=3D125) while doing the "fs checkserver" could be=20
helpful as well.
With this information, it might become clear why that has happened.

Christof