[OpenAFS] OpenAfs and MS Office: Delayed Write Failed

Frank Burkhardt fbo2@gmx.net
Tue, 16 May 2006 13:24:33 +0200

Hi,

we are currently trying to get MS Office to work with files within AFS.
Unfortunately we failed to successfully save files > 4MB.

The OpenAFS-Clients crashed, giving only this error message

 "Windows - Delayed Write Failed"

 Windows was unable to save all the data for the file
 \\brandis-afs\auto1\tmp\leipzig\nebel\~WRD0003.tmp.
 The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your
 computer hardware or the network connection.
 Please try to save this file elsewhere.

, requiring a reboot to regain access to AFS.

Some information about the software we use:
-Client:
 -Windows XP SP2
 -OpenAFS for Windows 1.4.1
 -MS Office 2003 SP2
-Server:
 -Debian GNU/Linux Sarge, Vanilla Kernel 2.6.13
 -OpenAFS 1.4.0

We do not have any firewall between Client and Server - the
Windows-"Firewall" is disabled. None of our (~300) linux client does have
any problems.

Regards,

Frank