[OpenAFS] aklog sending domain with user name returning 32766 anonymous

Ken Hornstein kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Fri, 19 May 2006 14:21:13 -0400

>I have openafs 1.4.1 for windows installed and aklog is returning id
>32766 (anonymous) for any user that I try. I've turned up debugging and
>it looks like it's sending dave@broudy.net as the "aname", from the
>ptserver log:

The "id" that aklog returns is not really used by anything (other than
some ancient Andrew supercrappy mail software).  Queries to the PTS
server are used to help determine when to do cross-realm PTS
registration, but it's okay if it gets it wrong; the fileserver does
it's own lookup based on the identity in the Kerberos ticket.  Now if
your clients cannot authenticate, then that's a completely different
problem; you don't indicate if that's an issue or not.

--Ken