[OpenAFS] file corruption redux

Miles Davis miles@CS.Stanford.EDU
Fri, 26 May 2006 12:21:34 -0700

On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 01:48:53PM -0400, Derrick J Brashear wrote:
> On Fri, 26 May 2006, Miles Davis wrote:
>

> >OK, by replacing a RAID controller and memory, I've managed to modify the
> >behaviour of my little file corruption issue, but magically it remains.
> >Now it
> >seems to be isolated to the client side -- I have yet to find a bad md4sum
> >of a
> >file on the server. The client-side corruption also comes and goes -- with
> >well-placed fs flush or flushvol, it's gone, only to reappear later. I've
> >verified that it happens on 1.4.1 and 1.3.86 (I don't have any 1.2.x
> >clients
> >left to try, but I can open up the volume to the world if anybody wants to
> >try).
>
> So I'll leave your bug open. Hm
>
> When I have recovered from lunch I should code you up a patch. How
> reproducible is it?

I think I can get it to happen pretty regularly on several clients. It seems to
be just this server, though...I'm still stumped. Another point of possible
interest -- I see no corruption if I go through an afs client on the server
itself.

I wasn't ever able to reproduce the corruption on other servers, either.

--
// Miles Davis - miles@cs.stanford.edu - http://www.cs.stanford.edu/~miles
// Computer Science Department - Computer Facilities