[OpenAFS] file corruption redux

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Fri, 26 May 2006 15:25:59 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 26 May 2006, Miles Davis wrote:

> I think I can get it to happen pretty regularly on several clients. It seems to
> be just this server, though...I'm still stumped. Another point of possible
> interest -- I see no corruption if I go through an afs client on the server
> itself.

So is it possible that hardware is in some (non-disk-controller) way
corrupting the transfers?

It might be worthwhile to tcpdump -s (larger than mtu) -w (some file) host
(a client you know will lose) and port 7000 and then given cmp -l output
of the good and corrupt file perhaps we can see if there's garbage on the
wire.