[OpenAFS] delete-on-close not happening with mac client?

Adam Megacz megacz@cs.berkeley.edu
Tue, 30 May 2006 19:16:35 -0700

I know the MacOS client is a second class citizen... just checking to
see if other people experience this too.

Apparently the cleanup that the client is supposed to do for
.__afsXXXX doesn't happen with the mac client.

  cat somebigfile | less     # just leave the file open

in another window...

  rm somebigfile

This will cause a .__afsXXXX file to be created.  Then, upon quitting
the first process (thereby closing the file), that .__afsXXXX file
should go away.  But if the client in question is a mac, this doesn't
seem to happen.  At least not for me (1.4.1).

Anybody else seeing this?

  - a

--
PGP/GPG: 5C9F F366 C9CF 2145 E770  B1B8 EFB1 462D A146 C380