[OpenAFS] file corruption redux

Juha Jäykkä juolja@utu.fi
Wed, 31 May 2006 21:00:46 +0300

--Sig_hc6o8TfSnrRoUbH.MOZ2PYc

> > failures from memtest86, but then again I don't recall ever getting
> > memtest86 to find an error.
> Mrph mpfl. Um. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Not actually, but let me just say memtest86 is pretty sure to find any
memory errors if you let it run through all its test a few times. That'll
take a day even on a modern, fast machine, but I've caught quite a few
defective memory modules with it. One thing though: memtest86 itself will
occupy the first few kB of the RAM and it does not test itself...

Just a comment..

-Juha

--=20
		| Juha J=C3=A4ykk=C3=A4, juolja@utu.fi			|