[OpenAFS] LiveCD for openafs disaster recovery scenarios ?

Madhusudan Singh singh.madhusudan@gmail.com
Mon, 6 Nov 2006 18:33:22 -0500

Hello

	At least one (and possibly two) hard disks on the machine (has RAID 5 -
rebuild did not help too much) that runs our openafs cell failed today. This
is a Debian machine. Partition /usr is down and attempts to mount it fail
with bad superblock messages. As a result, all network and many other system
commands (awk, etc.) are inaccessible.

Now, is there a live CD that can be used to run the machine so that the users
can at least copy over their data ? I think a reinstall is indicated.

The two partitions housing /vicepa and /vicepb are not affected. Is there a
way to retrieve data directly from the hard disks ?

Thanks.