[OpenAFS] Kernel module on sparc64

Gunnar Krull gklists@cs.uni-goettingen.de
Wed, 15 Nov 2006 09:44:56 +0100

Hi all,

I have a problem with the OpenAFS kernel modules build on a dual-sparc64 with
Debian Etch running, again.

The modules for the different afs versions are compiled on a 2.6.18 Debian
kernel (linux-image-2.6.18-2-sparc64-smp) and configured with:
  ./configure --with-afs-sysname=sparc64_linux26

I can compile the modules successfully, after dealing with the afs license
problem I had before. The afs filespace also is accessible.

This is the kernel output when I insert/remove the module:

* With OpenAFS 1.4.2

# modprobe libafs
Found system call table at 0x4164b8 (exported)
Found 32-bit system call table at 0x416000 (exported)

(Shouldn't it be a 64-bit system call table ?)

* With OpenAFS 1.5.10 and 1.5.11

# modprobe libafs
Warning: Unable to find the address of authtab
NFS Translator hooks will not be installed
To correct, specify authtab_addr=<authtab>

# rmmod libafs
BUG: warning at fs/proc/generic.c:732/remove_proc_entry()
Call Trace:
 [0000000000406bd4] linux_sparc_syscall32+0x3c/0x40
 [0000000000010f2c] 0x10f34

I think that's the reason why my token gets discarded when trying to access a
protected folder of our afs filespace:
  afs: Tokens for user of AFS id 1032 for cell ****** are discarded (rxkad
error=19270410)

There is a module parameter to set the "authtab_addr" but I don't know what to
enter here. Can I set it manually or should it be done?

The 1.5.11 version improves the amd64 system call table range checking. Is
this also the case for sparc64 systems?

Regards,
Gunnar