[OpenAFS] Resizing an ext2-partition on linux

Chris Huebsch chris.huebsch@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Sat, 18 Nov 2006 10:25:14 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Sat, 18 Nov 2006, Kai Moritz wrote:

> My /vicepa lifes on an ext2-formatted lvm-partition. Now I have to resize it.
> Normally I would call "fsck.ext2 -f" on the partition (because resize2fs
> requires it), enlarge the lvm-partition and call resize2fs. But the AFS
> Administration-Guide said, that I have to use a special AFS-version of fsck.

Iirc the Admin-Guide says that only for inode-base fileservers (which
manipulate inode-structures themselves instead of using normal
file-operations). Name-based fileservers just create normal files an do
not do any nasty things with inodes. For Linux there is only a
name-based fileserver available. So you can use all fs-tools of your
distribution.

Making a backup before resizing your fs is recommendet anyways. If ext2
is interrupted during resizing, the filesystem may end up broken.

Chris
--
  TU Chemnitz, Informatik, VSR  | Chemnitzer Linux-Tage 2007, 3.-4. Maerz
   Str. d. Nationen 62, B204    |     http://chemnitzer.linux-tage.de