[OpenAFS] Resizing an ext2-partition on linux

Chris Huebsch chris.huebsch@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Sat, 18 Nov 2006 19:11:44 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 18 Nov 2006, Kai Moritz wrote:

> So, that's my plan:
>
> - stop the openafs-fileserver
> - unmount the vice-partition
> - check it via linux-fsck
> - enlarge the partition
> - resize it with resize2fs
> - mount it again
> - restart the openafs-fileserver
>

> That's exactly the same, like what I do with a normal partition (expect
> stop/start openafs-fileserver).

> Is that the correct way?

Yes it is. Salvager starts automatically on fileserver restart.

> Or are there any special openafs-things that I should do
> additionally?!

No openafs-things... but remember to backup your data.

I had to shrink afs-partitions once (in order to get space for my
backup-system, which is in fact a vos-dump to files). I made the same
steps as in your plan and it worked fine for me. But I have had backups
of each volume on an other server, so an accident would not have led to
data loss.

Chris
--
  TU Chemnitz, Informatik, VSR  | Chemnitzer Linux-Tage 2007, 3.-4. Maerz
   Str. d. Nationen 62, B204    |     http://chemnitzer.linux-tage.de