[OpenAFS] openafs-1.4.2 RHEL RPM package installs nonempty SuidCells and mangles CellServDB

Berthold Cogel cogel@rrz.uni-koeln.de
Wed, 22 Nov 2006 18:07:23 +0100

Berthold Cogel schrieb:

> Perhaps it is possible to include a script in openafs with a mechanism
> that allows the user to update his CellServDB. It should be called by
> the init script. This mechanism could be triggered also by local update
> methods (cfengine) or manualy.

The init script could provide a reload method that handles the update
mechanism and that can be called also from cron, cfengine .....

Or the client has an integrated function that we can trigger by a signal
to reload the configuration (like SIGHUP for the apache).

And /etc/sysconfig/openafs-client (for RedHat) is the place to custumize
the files used for the update.

CELLSERVDB_DIST=...
CELLSERVDB_LOCAL=...

Berthold Cogel