[OpenAFS] openafs-1.4.2 RHEL RPM package installs nonempty SuidCells and mangles CellServDB

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 29 Nov 2006 13:32:28 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 18 Nov 2006, Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Nov 2006, Carson Gaspar wrote:
>

>> We are trying to get away from our custom init scripts, as they are a
>> significant maintenance burden, especially when packages change options.
>> We'd like to benefit from improvements in the packages (such as letting the
>> openafs client auto-tune instead of hard-coding performance options, etc.).
>> In my ideal world, the script would:
>>
>> - Source /etc/sysconfig/$something (openafs/openafs-client/...)
>
> If we can get a vgaue consensus on what it is that should be sourced, I'd

It seems like the consensus is to just keep /etc/sysconfig/openafs (it's
already sourced) and add a setting to disable the distributed CellServDB
et al. So if someone wants to do this, it will go into 1.4.3.