[OpenAFS] pam-afs-session 0.2 released

Sean O'Malley omalleys@msu.edu
Thu, 23 Nov 2006 09:44:58 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006, Russ Allbery wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce release 0.2 of my AFS session PAM module.
yay!

>     Add a fallback implementation of the AFS system call for platforms
>     that use syscall, and add the signal handler protection for the
>     k_hasafs probe for those platforms.  The PAM module should now build
>     on Solaris without requiring libkafs or libkopenafs.

I have it working (not fully tested..) on solaris 10 x86..  using the Sun
pam_krb5, openafs 1.4.2, with aklog built against MIT 1.5.1. (no libkafs,
or libkopenafs)

It actually built fine using gcc, I didn't test it to see if it would work
or not.. :)

Using the Sun compiler and ran into a few cavaets...
in internal.h I had to change  __FUNCTION__ to __func__ (I think i read
__FUNCTION__ is being deprecated (lines 56,58)

I also had to build the object files by hand ie:
cc -G -KPIC  -I. -I. -I/usr/vice/include  -c  logging.c

then actually link it using the Sun Linker

ld -G -Bsymbolic -o pam_afs_session.so logging.o options.o tokens.o
sys-syscall.o sys-api.o public.o -lpam

Just thought I would pass that on in case anyone else was interested or
was having issues.