[OpenAFS] Help needed in configuring OpenAFS

Jason Edgecombe openafs@rampaginggeek.com
Fri, 24 Nov 2006 09:05:16 -0500

The Fedora RPMs take care of the installation from CDROM and the
initialization script.

Are you trying to set up a client or a server?

For the most basic client setup:
1. install the rpms.
2. edit ThisCell, SuidCells, and CellServDB.local if neccessary
3. compile the kernel modules if there wasn't one in the rpms.(You need
the kernel-devel rpms and the openafs-kernel-source rpms)
4. run "/etc/init.d/openafs-client start" or /etc/init.d/openafs start"
depending on which rpms you got.
5. "ls /afs" and if that doesn't hang, then you have a basic client setup.
6. process to set up authentication via kerberos.

Sincerely,
Jason