[OpenAFS] monitoring via cricket?

Alf Wachsmann alfw@slac.stanford.edu
Mon, 27 Nov 2006 08:31:02 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006, Jim Rowan wrote:
> Is anyone using cricket (or any of the other RRD gizmos) to monitor AFS,
> either server or client?  If so, would you mind sharing either a
> description of what you're doing, or your configurations/scripts?

Jim,

we are using Nagios with NagiosGraph to monitor our AFS servers (and
some clients).

We are using some Perl scripts with my AFS::Monitoring Perl module.
See the "Example" section on
http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~alfw/AFS-Monitor/index.html

See also Russ Allbery's Nagios probes using AFS command line
tools: http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/afs-monitor/

-- Alf.

  Alf Wachsmann                       | e-mail: alfw@slac.stanford.edu
  SLAC - Scientific Computing         | Phone:  +1-650-926-4802
  2575 Sand Hill Road, M/S 97         | FAX:    +1-650-926-3329
  Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA           | Office: Bldg. 50/323
                http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~alfw (PGP)