[OpenAFS] pam-afs-session 0.3 released

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Tue, 28 Nov 2006 13:57:29 -0800

I'm pleased to announce release 0.3 of a new AFS PAM session module.  This
release should be considered beta-quality code.  I expect the next release
to be 1.0 and therefore encourage broad testing, particularly on Solaris
(including with the Sun C complier).

pam-afs-session is a PAM module intended for use with a Kerberos v5 PAM
module to obtain an AFS PAG and AFS tokens on login.  It puts every new
session in a PAG regardless of whether it was authenticated with Kerberos
and runs a configurable external program to obtain tokens.  It supports
using Heimdal's libkafs for the AFS interface and falls back to an
internal Linux-only implementation if libkafs isn't available.

Changes from previous release:

    Compile in a default path to aklog if configure can find it on the
    path or if told the path with the --with-aklog option.  In this case,
    program is now optional in the PAM configuration.

    Use __func__ instead of __FUNCTION__ and provide a fallback for older
    versions of gcc and for systems that support neither.  Should fix
    compilation issues with Sun's C compiler.

    On platforms where we know the appropriate compiler flags, try to
    build the module so that symbols are resolved within the module in
    preference to any externally available symbols.  Also add the
    hopefully correct compiler flags for Sun's C compiler.

You can download it from:

    <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/pam-afs-session/>

Please let me know of any problems or feature requests not already listed
in the TODO file.