[OpenAFS] why afs backup is so poorly supported (Was: Backup AFS with BackupPC?)

Turbo Fredriksson turbo@bayour.com
Mon, 09 Oct 2006 08:31:09 +0200

Quoting Adam Megacz <megacz@cs.berkeley.edu>:

> In the meantime, however, I will be happy with the fact that there is
> at least one network filesystem out there that gives me a unified
> namespace, ACLs, callbacks, and aggressive client-side caching, and a
> free implementation for all major platforms.  Those five features are
> *well worth* the awkward backup situation.

Agreed. If one looks carefully (or know a programming language :), it's
resonably easy to solve (most of) the backup inconveniences. I desided
to write my own, so I have FULL control of how it's done. I guess
most of us do...