[OpenAFS] Re: testing RPMs for 1.4.2

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
Thu, 12 Oct 2006 17:26:43 -0400

Quoting Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm@ATrpms.net>:

> On Thu, Oct 12, 2006 at 05:12:37PM -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
>>  rpmbuild --rebuild --target=i686 openafs...src.rpm
>>
>> I'll let Axel try to explain to you why his method has to be so much
>> more complicated than that.  ;)
>
> Who says it is? You need a working kernel build environment for the
> kernel in question, too, or have you found a way to do it w/o kernel
> sources? ;)

No, you just need the kernel-devel package for the running kernel.
However you seemed to imply that building a kernel module was much
more complicated than a simple "rpmbuild --rebuild".   I know you
based your SPEC file on mine, so it should be relatively simple.
But then you added all your own kmdl stuff, so I have no idea how
it really works for you.  So I was basing my statement on yours, where
you said:

> Rebuilding from src.rpm is a bit involved.

*shrugs*

> Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

-derek