[OpenAFS] Moving volumes

Sanjay Dharmavaram sd282@cornell.edu
Fri, 13 Oct 2006 16:30:16 -0400

Thank you, for your replies. I guess I was not really clear with my
question...let me be more clear this time.
   I have a really old server running in my lab and the aim was to
install a new server and transfer all the contents to this new server.
But since I am novice to the whole concept of AFS, I dont want to screw
up things my moving volumes to the new server only to realize that I did
something wrong in the process. I though that "copying" ( if such a
thing exists) would be safer. But from the response of  Russ only one
copy should exist on a cell so I am not really sure what to do.
    The old server is a file server which uses kerberos (KDC) for
authentication. I have added the new server as an additional server to
the cell to which the old server belongs. I am not sure if these are
sufficient but in any case, I thank you all for the help.
Sanjay.