[OpenAFS] Re: testing RPMs for 1.4.2

nicolas laveau nicolas@laveau.org
Sat, 14 Oct 2006 11:47:16 +0200

--------------020208080607020205000302

Axel Thimm a =E9crit :
> o Not updating a system for any reason only makes sense in a properly
>   firewalled environment not offering any exposure to the net. But
>   openafs is about (non-local) networking, (...)
Really? In my company, we use openafs on our local network for our home=20
directories, without exposing it to the rest of the internet. Among the=20
advantages of openafs, there are the location independance of the path=20
to a specific file and the security aspect (encryption, acls, and so=20
on), which also apply on a local network. I do not really agree with=20
your point here.

nicolas

--------------020208080607020205000302

begin:vcard
fn:Nicolas Laveau
n:Laveau;Nicolas
adr:;;16, rue de l'Amiral Mouchez;Paris;;75014;France
email;internet:nicolas@laveau.org
tel;work:+33 1 40 92 54 54
tel;cell:+33 6 70 73 78 98
version:2.1