[OpenAFS] kaserver deperecation, OpenAFS future, etc...

Jeff Blaine jblaine@mitre.org
Wed, 18 Oct 2006 22:29:16 -0400

I keep picking up little bits of information that really
alarm me.

This weeks was:

Response to a user with 1.4.1 kaserver issues under Solaris:

   "kaserver is not being actively developed.  In fact,
   it is considered deprecated and I strongly recommend
   that kaserver be replaced with a Kerberos 5 KDC."

Is there anything else I can be made aware of ahead of
time?  Is there a roadmap that is kept up to date with
these decisions?  Where are these decisions being made?

Somewhere kaserver got 'deprecated' and it is now "strongly
recommended" that people run Kerberos 5 KDCs?