[OpenAFS] kaserver deperecation, OpenAFS future, etc...

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 18 Oct 2006 23:03:22 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006, Jeff Blaine wrote:

> I keep picking up little bits of information that
> really
> alarm me.

Did you miss the bit where single des sucks?

>  "kaserver is not being actively developed.  In
> fact,
>  it is considered deprecated and I strongly
> recommend
>  that kaserver be replaced with a Kerberos 5
> KDC."

there's not really any development to do, though i think deprecated is a
little strong

> Is there anything else I can be made aware of
> ahead of
> time?

like? i suspect eliot spitzer is gonna be the next governor of new york...

>  Is there a roadmap that is kept up to date
> withn
> these decisions?

elders minutes are posted online, though i am overdue at posting the last
set.

>Where are these decisions being
> made?

elders/gatekeepers.

> Somewhere kaserver got 'deprecated' and it is now
> "strongly
> recommended" that people run Kerberos 5 KDCs?

that's been recommended for a while....