[OpenAFS] Re: kaserver deperecation, OpenAFS future, etc...

Jason Edgecombe openafs@rampaginggeek.com
Thu, 19 Oct 2006 09:10:16 -0400

Hi,

I would like to give additional weight to Owen's words.

I'm a new AFS admin and want to make some observations.

1. There isn't a lot of good documentation on how to set up AFS with
Kerberos 5. All of the AFS online books still use kaserver.

I am currently working on setting up an AFS test cell with kaserver for
a few reasons:
1. My first attempt with kerberos 5 failed
2. The documentation for setting up AFS with kaserver is better
3. It mirrors the process that the uncc.edu cell has undergone and gives
me a better understanding of that process and the history of our cell.

I do plan to migrate my test cell to kerberos 5, but I think that doing
the process in stages will be more helpful.

Jason Edgecombe
College of Engineering, UNCCharlotte