[OpenAFS] kaserver deperecation, OpenAFS future, etc...

John Hascall john@iastate.edu
Thu, 19 Oct 2006 08:27:15 CDT

> John Hascall wrote:
> > So can somebody in the know comment on why "ka5server"
> > wasn't the answer (for those who use kaserver)?
     [...lack of resources...]

> If the answer is that you would like to see a Kerberos 5
> implementation that uses ubik for change propagation that
> is something that I'm sure could be developed and contributed
> either to MIT or to Heimdal.

  We already do "real-time" change propagation,
  but in a way that is specific to our needs,
  so we're not interested (and I doubt anyone is
  interested in what we do).

  I guess I'm a little surprised that nobody was
  interested enough in "ka5server" to make it
  happen -- do most sites not use kaserver?

John