[OpenAFS] having issues after changing IP Scope

Pucky Loucks ploucks@pixpo.com
Fri, 20 Oct 2006 12:53:51 -0700

OK I figured it out. Big issue from a small mistake.

I deleted the vldb.DB0 and vldb.DBSYS1 (moved it really) and then
when I restarted the AFSDB's.  (i.e. they were empty)

Then I restarted all the Fileservers and this time the FileServer2
booted saying it had 192.168.254.31, that was the IP in the /etc/
hosts file. (which I forgot to change)

once I changed that and did the vos syncvldb for each server it was
fixed.

whew!

Thanks for everyones pointers, that helped me though this, director
or indirect.

Cheers,
Pucky