[OpenAFS] strange behaviour from bos

Juha Jäykkä juolja@utu.fi
Sat, 21 Oct 2006 16:23:03 +0300

--Sig_4e/bthLzQp9ixM6d_oY+0my

Hi!

One of our fileservers stopped working last night, without apparent
reason. Having digged through the logs and tried all kinds of tricks to
get the fileserver back on-line, I see this kind of behaviour:

kelvin:~# bos listhosts kelvin
Cell name is tfy.utu.fi
    Host 1 is einstein.tfy.utu.fi
    Host 2 is dirac.tfy.utu.fi
bos: failed to get cell host 2 (could not find entry)
kelvin:~# bos listhosts kelvin
Cell name is tfy.utu.fify.utu.fi
bos: failed to get cell host 0 (could not find entry)

The first output is a little disturbing - I cannot figure out why it does
not find the third host, but the second output should, by all reason, be
identical. The cell name should not change by itself.

What's going on?

-Juha

--=20
		| Juha J=C3=A4ykk=C3=A4, juolja@utu.fi			|