[OpenAFS] Re: openafs on debian with linux 2.6.18 kernel

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Wed, 25 Oct 2006 13:35:04 -0400

On Wednesday, October 25, 2006 07:07:36 PM +0200 Jan Pospisil
<honik@kma.zcu.cz> wrote:

> Of course I have cpp installed

Well, Derrick is on vacation, so I'm going to channel him...

"I don't believe you".

Please send the output of 'dpkg-query -l cpp'

> it is not in /lib/cpp, but
> in /usr/bin/cpp. This is the standard location on all Linuxes I've ever
> seen (Debian, RH, SuSe, Scientific, ...).

If there's no /lib/cpp, then you have a problem.  Fix the problem, instead
of trying to argue with me about filesystem policy or, worse, history.  If
your unix experience is limited to four relatively recent Linux
distributions, you don't have enough of a sample to say what the "standard
location" is of anything as old as the C preprocessor.

>> As Derrick said, something is interfering with the build.  In this case,
>> it  looks like it's your lack of a cpp, which is preventing rxgen from
>> including  common.xg when afsint.xg is compiled into afsint.h.  So
>> again, the solution  to your problem is
>>
>> apt-get install cpp
>
> Unfortunately this cannot be the solution

Did you try?

Well, if you'll recall, I said:

>> The AFSFid type is defined in src/fsint/common.xg.

Note that file does not have a name ending in ".h".
I also explained how afsint.h is generated from afsint.xg, which includes
common.xg, and how that's not working because rxgen expects to run /lib/cpp
and you don't have one.  Provide it, and your problem will go away.

   Sr. Research Systems Programmer