[OpenAFS] AFS client suddenly extremely slow

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Wed, 25 Oct 2006 17:24:08 -0400

On Wednesday, October 25, 2006 03:58:12 PM -0500 "Christopher D. Clausen"
<cclausen@acm.org> wrote:

> Is it a hardware problem?

Don't assume the answer is "no" just because some other transfer method
works.  Hardware and network problems, especially bizarre ones, affect
different protocols in different ways.

>> More info:
>> clients: Ubuntu 6.06, OpenAFS 1.4.1-2
>> servers: Debian 3.1, OpenAFS 1.3.81
>
> Well, I'd recomend that you upgrade your server to newer AFS packages. If
> you don't want to roll your own, you can grab mine from:
> /afs/acm.uiuc.edu/admin/system/bin/i386_linux26

Yes, definitely upgrade at least your servers.

   Sr. Research Systems Programmer