[OpenAFS] failed fileserver ip address change

Juha Jäykkä juolja@utu.fi
Fri, 27 Oct 2006 16:30:02 +0300

--Sig_JuK26FDh3b8g+M0Pcs/zdOK

> Yes, to remove the old server from the vldb entirely you should do a
> "vos changeaddr -oldaddr <original IP address> -remove".
> The former commands just removed the entries of the volumes on the old=20
> server.

This happened while there still were volumes at the original ip (or vldb
thought so), so "vos changeaddr" was not possible: the manual says it
should not be used if there are still volumes on that server. I did not
think of doing that *after* removing the volume entries.

> Just a guess: the new location of the volume is told the client via a=20
> callback. If that's the case and went wrong, then you should find=20
> something about CallBack failed for the old client-address in the=20
> server-logs. But I'm not sure how the client are notified exactly.

Cannot find any, but the non-existence of proof is not proof of
non-existence. =3D) I'm content to assume that's what's happened.

-Juha

--=20
                | Juha J=C3=A4ykk=C3=A4, juolja@utu.fi			|
		| Laboratory of Theoretical Physics		|
		| Department of Physics, University of Turku	|
                | home: http://www.utu.fi/~juolja/              |