[OpenAFS] failed fileserver ip address change

Juha Jäykkä juolja@utu.fi
Sat, 28 Oct 2006 21:16:55 +0300

--Sig_X1yt9w_FN/yH8_1IY.=f1Za

> It never showed up on any volumes, or in 'vos listaddrs' output?

Now I'm totally lost. The old address just reappeared in listaddrs
output! How can this be? There certainly has not been any machine with
that address since my last mail (at which time the address did not exist
in vos listaddrs output).

There is *one* other strange thing, though: this is the output of two
consecutive "vos listaddrs" on one file server, which shows the old IP:

dirac:~# vos listaddrs
[...]
130.232.105.215
kelvin.tfy.utu.fi
dirac:~# vos listaddrs
[...]
kelvin.tfy.utu.fi
kelvin.tfy.utu.fi

Now, 130.232.105.215 is the old address of kelvin.tfy.utu.fi! Why on
earth would listaddrs first show the old address and "kelvin.tfy.utu.fi",
when the next time it's run, shows kelvin twice and no old address at
all? This happens repeatedly: every even time listaddrs is run, I get
kelvin twice, every odd time, I get kelvin plus the old IP.

Any ideas are welcome...

-Juha

--=20
		| Juha J=C3=A4ykk=C3=A4, juolja@utu.fi			|