[OpenAFS] little oddity in 1.4.2

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Sat, 28 Oct 2006 19:54:09 -0700

Juha J=E4ykk=E4 <juolja@utu.fi> writes:

> After upgrading to 1.4.2, I have started to get these (probably any bos
> command will do - I tried the most common ones):

> bos: could not find entry (can't find cell '<default>' in cell database)

> Also, /etc/init.d/openafs-fileserver stop produces the above and fails to
> shut down anything else but bosserver.

Well, that's definitely broken.  Use of -localauth shouldn't have affected
this; it should figure out what the cell is from /etc/openafs/ThisCell and
then look up the servers from /etc/openafs/CellServDB and it sounds like
it's not doing that properly.

> Also, FileLog has started to tell me that "afs_krb_get_lrealm failed,
> using tfy.utu.fi." at the same time. It works fine, though.

This is completely normal unless you have a krb.conf file in
/etc/openafs/server (which is only necessary if you are using a Kerberos
realm name that doesn't match your AFS cell name).  You can ignore it if
the resulting realm name is correct.

--=20