[OpenAFS] little oddity in 1.4.2
Sat, 28 Oct 2006 19:54:09 -0700
Juha J=E4ykk=E4 <email@example.com> writes:
> After upgrading to 1.4.2, I have started to get these (probably any bos
> command will do - I tried the most common ones):
> bos: could not find entry (can't find cell '<default>' in cell database)
> Also, /etc/init.d/openafs-fileserver stop produces the above and fails to
> shut down anything else but bosserver.
Well, that's definitely broken. Use of -localauth shouldn't have affected
this; it should figure out what the cell is from /etc/openafs/ThisCell and
then look up the servers from /etc/openafs/CellServDB and it sounds like
it's not doing that properly.
> Also, FileLog has started to tell me that "afs_krb_get_lrealm failed,
> using tfy.utu.fi." at the same time. It works fine, though.
This is completely normal unless you have a krb.conf file in
/etc/openafs/server (which is only necessary if you are using a Kerberos
realm name that doesn't match your AFS cell name). You can ignore it if
the resulting realm name is correct.
Russ Allbery (firstname.lastname@example.org) <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>