Searching for Testers was Re: [OpenAFS] OpenAFS site not geared for beginners...

tedc tcreedon@easystreet.com
Sat, 02 Sep 2006 09:00:50 -0700

1. There is a bug report that 1.5.x  won't compile on 32 or 64 bit SuSE
10.1. Normally compile errors are fixed promptly....
2. I can test in a lightly used production environment: that has every
bell and whistle imaginable, dual ports, my own firewall rules, etc:
SuSE latest versions 32 and 64 bit, Win 2003 SP1, XP SP2
There is a risk of file data corruption, but when it occours, it seems
to be limited to MS Office apps
3. Jeffrey: I need a faster fs trace (perhaps a binary version), Photo
editing uses thousands  of 11MB files all thumbnailed.
I'm all set up to help out but the Windows system response during trace
makes it unusable.
4. You are correct that you can't help out without additional information
5. I also need to know what to test, Rodney is right about revisionitis.
6. A standard e-mailable form or form guidelines would help
7. This has a much higher priority than documentation, unfortunately
8. There may not be a better way to test other than "customer burn in".
Its a file system, not an application.
9. AFS is the only thing out there that meets my needs. Hang in there.

tedc