Searching for Testers was Re: [OpenAFS] OpenAFS site not geared for beginners...
Sat, 2 Sep 2006 09:10:01 -0700
Sorry, this was posted to the wrong subject.
1. There is a bug report that 1.5.x won't compile on 32 or 64 bit SuSE
10.1. Normally compile errors are fixed promptly....
2. I can test in a lightly used production environment: that has every bell
and whistle imaginable, dual ports, my own firewall rules, etc:
SuSE latest versions 32 and 64 bit, Win 2003 SP1, XP SP2 There is a risk of
file data corruption with new revisions, but if and when it occurs, it seems
to be limited to MS Office apps
3. Jeffrey: I need a faster fs trace (perhaps a binary version), Photo
editing uses thousands of 11MB files all thumbnailed. I'm all set up to
help out but the Windows system response during fs trace makes it too slow
4. You are correct that you can't help out without additional information 5.
I also need to know what to test, Rodney is right about revisionitis.
6. A standard e-mailable form or form guidelines would help
7. This has a much higher priority than documentation, unfortunately
8. There may not be a better way to test other than "customer burn in".
Its a file system, not an application. I don't know of any apps that run on
so many different OS's, much less file systems that do.
9. AFS is the only thing out there that meets my needs. Hang in there.