[OpenAFS] Re: help, salvaged volume won't come back online, is it corrupt? [trimmed log]

John Koyle jkoyle@koyle.org
Wed, 13 Sep 2006 01:04:54 -0600

Adam Megacz wrote:
> the volume after salvaging with 1.4.2fc3, which is another good sign.
> Last problem however, is that although the volume attaches, I get
> file-not-found on it:
>
>   $ vos listvol research.cs.berkeley.edu
>   Total number of volumes on server research.cs.berkeley.edu partition /vicepa: 1
>   root.cell                         536870934 RW    1273252 K On-line
>
>   Total volumes onLine 1 ; Total volumes offLine 0 ; Total busy 0
>
>   $ ls /afs/research.cs.berkeley.edu/
>   ls: /afs/research.cs.berkeley.edu/: No such file or directory
>

> Cool, it appears to have salvaged. I was also able to dump+restore
That's the problem I'm having and it appears to be due to the root vnode
being missing or corrupt.  Apparantly the bos salvager cannot fix this
problem.  From the research I've done, it doesn't appear to be possible
(not easily anyway).

John