[OpenAFS] Re: help, salvaged volume won't come back online, is it corrupt? [trimmed log]

Adam Megacz megacz@cs.berkeley.edu
Wed, 13 Sep 2006 00:13:48 -0700

John Koyle <jkoyle@koyle.org> writes:
> That's the problem I'm having and it appears to be due to the root
> vnode being missing or corrupt.  Apparantly the bos salvager cannot
> fix this problem.  From the research I've done, it doesn't appear to
> be possible (not easily anyway).

Even if the root vnode is missing, I'd be quite happy with it
reattaching whatever vnodes are floating around to some "bit bucket"
directory the way ext2 puts stuff in lost+found.  Or even just dumping
every *file* to a flat directory full of files I can grep through to
find the handful that I need.

  - a

--
PGP/GPG: 5C9F F366 C9CF 2145 E770  B1B8 EFB1 462D A146 C380