[OpenAFS] Removing file server preferences...

Rodney M Dyer rmdyer@uncc.edu
Tue, 19 Sep 2006 13:26:13 -0400

At 01:18 PM 9/19/2006, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
>It sounds like what you are looking for is a new command that flushes the
>server list without restarting the afs client.

In a word, yes.

When I reset the preferences list, the old servers hang around.  Restarting
the service is an "inconvenience".

A "-reset", or "-clear" option would do fine on the "fs setserverprefs".

Btw, for Ken's response...

We set the server preferences per building to minimize network traffic.  I
believe it helps to know which servers your client will be trying to hit
first for their data.  To each his own I suppose.

Rodney