[OpenAFS] Removing file server preferences...

Ken Hornstein kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Tue, 19 Sep 2006 14:08:29 -0400

>We set the server preferences per building to minimize network traffic.  I
>believe it helps to know which servers your client will be trying to hit
>first for their data.  To each his own I suppose.

Hey, I was just surprised that someone uses it; It just seemed like a big
pain when I tried it out.  Stupid question #2: is it just a matter of
tidying things up that you want those prefs removed?  As I understand it,
if the fileservers have been decommissioned (you've moved all volumes off
of them), then it shouldn't matter what the preference of the server is
because no one is talking to it, right?

--Ken