[OpenAFS] CopyOnWrite failed: Partition ... may be out of free inodes(errno = 2)

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 19 Sep 2006 15:38:50 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006, Stefaan wrote:

> On 9/19/06, Jeffrey Hutzelman <jhutz@cmu.edu> wrote:
>> Don't do this.  It doesn't work on namei systems, doesn't gain you
>> anything, and is a waste of disk space.  RW and RO sites on the same server
>> should always be on the same partition.
>
> Doesn't gain me anything?  I was thinking, if the disk behind vicepa
> crashes, the one behind vicepb may still be alive, or am I missing
> something here?

Well, it does gain you something. It gains you a fileserver which
doesn't want to attach those volumes. So,  instead, don't do it if you
don't want to gain that. How's that?

Derrick