[OpenAFS] CopyOnWrite failed: Partition ... may be out of free inodes(errno = 2)

Alf Wachsmann alfw@slac.stanford.edu
Tue, 19 Sep 2006 12:48:34 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006, Derrick J Brashear wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Sep 2006, Stefaan wrote:
> > On 9/19/06, Jeffrey Hutzelman <jhutz@cmu.edu> wrote:
> >> Don't do this.  It doesn't work on namei systems, doesn't gain you
> >> anything, and is a waste of disk space.  RW and RO sites on the same server
> >> should always be on the same partition.
> >
> > Doesn't gain me anything?  I was thinking, if the disk behind vicepa
> > crashes, the one behind vicepb may still be alive, or am I missing
> > something here?
>
> Well, it does gain you something. It gains you a fileserver which
> doesn't want to attach those volumes. So,  instead, don't do it if you
> don't want to gain that. How's that?

Is this considered a bug and will be fixed eventually or is it a
"feature" of the namei file server?

-- Alf.

  Alf Wachsmann                       | e-mail: alfw@slac.stanford.edu
  SLAC - Scientific Computing         | Phone:  +1-650-926-4802
  2575 Sand Hill Road, M/S 97         | FAX:    +1-650-926-3329
  Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA           | Office: Bldg. 50/323
                http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~alfw (PGP)