[OpenAFS] Removing file server preferences...

Ken Hornstein kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Tue, 19 Sep 2006 17:15:39 -0400

>At 02:08 PM 9/19/2006, Ken Hornstein wrote:
>>Stupid question #2: is it just a matter of tidying things up that you want
>>those prefs removed?
>
>In our case yes, and to prevent time out failover lag.

Okay ... but I thought that you said that all of the volumes had been
removed from these servers.  If that's the case, the client shouldn't
try talking to these nonexistant fileservers at all (the vlserver would
tell the client that they're not there anymore).  If they're still
listed as replicas, why haven't you vos remsite'd those replica
locations?

The reason I'm asking this is that I don't think removing the server prefs
will help with failover lag.  Stopping the client from pinging the
non-existant server, yes, but that doesn't sound like that's your issue.

--Ken