[OpenAFS] Re: vos move volume failure.

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Fri, 22 Sep 2006 10:30:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006, Joe Buehler wrote:

> Does the above log provide any useful information to the experts here present
> so this can be fixed?  Perhaps the iinc messages provide a clue as to what
> is wrong with the volume?  Perhaps the salvager needs an enhancement here
> so it makes a correct volume?

We fixed a bunch of stuff in 1.4.2fc2, fc3 and fc4 in this regard
(salvager fixes, volserver fixes, for namei fileservers). Fixing
stuff only helps if you take the fixes. I understand it's not in a
release yet. At the same time, asking for fixes to something that's
already fixed, well, it's there, if you're willing to try a patch, you're
willing to try a candidate. If you're not willing to try a patch, ok,
you're waiting for a release anyway.

I'm not picking on you. This has been a persistent question from many
people, which means one of
1) the release notes for the candidates aren't clear. If so, I suck. Tell
me how.
2) people ignore the release notes for the candidates. your choice,
obviously.
3) laziness. can't help you there. there's obviously some of this, like
when we get a question which was answered in the literal previous message
to a list.

Derrick