[OpenAFS] Problems installing openafs 1.4.4 on SuSE 10.1

ted creedon tcreedon@easystreet.com
Fri, 6 Apr 2007 10:49:39 -0700

Look at the Melvin Wong [melvin.wong@muvee.com] recent messages

1.5.17 works fine on 10.1 with transarc paths

tedc

-----Original Message-----
From: openafs-info-admin@openafs.org =
[mailto:openafs-info-admin@openafs.org]
On Behalf Of alandhae@gmx.de
Sent: Friday, April 06, 2007 9:39 AM
To: openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject: [OpenAFS] Problems installing openafs 1.4.4 on SuSE 10.1

Hi everyone out there,

as a complete (open)afs and kerberos newbie I'm required to setup an=20
openafs Server for research purposes.

on my X86 Server 2 Xeon CPU 3.1 GHz 2GB Memory running SuSE 10.1

I did a=20

./configure --with-afs-sysname=3Di386_linux26 --enable-transarc-paths =20
--with-linux-kernel-headers=3D/usr/src/linux-2.6.16.13-4

make and make install.

I proceeded as it was described in the documentation=20

openafs-1.4.4/doc/html/QuickStartUnix/auqbg005.htm

I've managed to create the kernel modules and all the daemon instances.

The kernel module wasn't placed into the correct location

	/usr/vice/etc/modload

but on=20

	/usr/vice/etc

no big deal, just moved the Module to the correct location.

Another problem, to which I didn't find an anwer. The documentation =
often=20
states to copy file from /cdrom, those pathes usually don't exist in the =

unpacked source where I have compiled from.

Also even when trying to find the correct startup files, the afs start=20
doesn't start the needed and created deamons.=20

Are there any hints for a more recent documentation, so a newbie could=20
setup an afs servr using kerberos 5 as authentication.

	Thanks for the help

	Andreas

--=20
Andreas Landh=E4u=DFer		      T-Systems Solutions for Research GmbH
+49 551 709-2379 (fax -12379)	      Bunsenstr. 10
Andreas.Landhaeusser@t-systems.com    37073 G=F6ttingen
http://www.t-systems-sfr.com	      Germany

T-Systems Solutions for Research GmbH
Supervisory Board:  Dr. Hagen Hultzsch (Chairman)
Management Board: J=FCrgen Aumayer (Chairman), Hans Gersing, Dr. =
Claus-Axel
M=FCller
Commercial register: Amtsgericht M=FCnchen, HRB 12 55 01, Registered =
Office:
We=DFling
VAT ident. no.: DE 193456493

Notice: This transmittal and/or attachments may be privileged or
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby =
notified
that you have received this transmittal in error; any review, =
dissemination,
or copying is strictly prohibited. If you received this transmittal in
error, please notify us immediately by reply and immediately delete this
message and all its attachments. Thank you.